The Wholesome Dog is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this policy outlines our processes and obligations in respect of how we collect, use, manage and disclose your personal information.
Personal information is information or opinion which identifies an individual. By using The Wholesome Dog website you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of this information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information we collect
The personal information we collect from you is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions. Examples of the type of personal information we may collect at The Wholesome Dog are:
- Your name
- Contact details
- Information about your dog including name, breed, weight, age and other details
- Financial information such as your credit card details
If you are a candidate for employment we may collect other information as set out in our application forms and during the recruitment process. This may include, but is not limited to, information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details; and any other data reasonably necessary for our business functions.
All confidential credit card information required by the site is processed by Web Active Corporation Pty Ltd trading as “eWAY”. We do not store complete credit card details for any customer within our infrastructure.
How we collect your personal information
You are not anonymous to us when you log in to The Wholesome Dog website (‘Site’) or post any content on the Site or any associated forum. To enable us to improve our existing services and to create new service features, we may collect, and share with other users and our service providers, information about the way you use our services, including (but not limited to) the transactions you enter into on the Site.
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Have consented to your personal information being shared with us and that consent has not been withdrawn;
- Use the Site to create an account, place an order or subscribe to our marketing programs;
- access and use the Site, or interact with us via social media or digital media;
- Provide information to our team members;
- Or otherwise communicate in a public forum on the Site
We do not in any way control, and do not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for, the disclosure or use of personal information which is voluntarily posted by you in any publicly accessible area of the Site.
We may also receive and record information from your internet browser and computer, including IP addresses, cookies (see ‘Collection of Device Data including Cookies’ below), software and hardware attributes and your page requests.
In addition to data collected from your submissions, We may also collect data on your internet behaviour from Facebook, other social media sites, and other services.
Collection of Device Data including Cookies
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites and services may not work as intended if you do this.
As you browse the Site, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in.
How we use your personal information
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of being able to sell, deliver and promote our products and services to you. We also collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To identify you and authenticate your account;
- To protect The Wholesome Dog and the users of the Site;
- To customise the content and any advertising displayed on the Site;
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve our products and services;
- To develop new service features;
- To deliver products and services to you;
- To identify your preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from The Wholesome Dog;
- To communicate with you, including about products and services, special offers and events which might interest you;
- To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- To collect information you provide to us via our Site, application forms, or directly to team members in relation to our products and services;
- To understand your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail or other);
- To interact with you via social media and digital marketing;
- To identify the devices that you use, when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to access or interact with us through our online presences (including the Site, websites or pages, social media accounts and other online presences). This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address; and
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
Disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any purpose to any of the following persons:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you;
- Our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- Suppliers, delivery providers and other service providers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- A third party where that third party acquires or intends to acquire The Wholesome Dog or its assets; and
- If required by law, to any person authorised by such law; and for any other purpose permitted by law.
Protecting and maintaining personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of administrative and technical measures to protect your personal information.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information we hold about you from unauthorised access, use and disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be secure from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. [All the personal information you provide to us is protected by an encrypted connection]. However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that your information will be secure at all times. Transmission of personal information over the Internet is at your own risk and you should only enter, or instruct the entering of, personal information to the Site within a secure environment.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
Updating and Accessing your personal information
You can update your personal information at any time by accessing your account on The Wholesome Dog website or contacting us directly using the details listed in the ‘Contact us’ section below.
If you require access to the personal information we hold about you please contact us using the details listed in the ‘Contact us’ section below. We will require proof of identity before we provide you access to your personal information. For most requests your information will be provided free of charge, however we may charge a reasonable fee if you request requires substantial time and effort on our behalf.
How to make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information please contact us using the details listed in the ‘Contact us’ section below. Be sure to include a detailed description of your complaint and your contact information and we will get back to you with-in a reasonable period of time. If you do not believe we have adequately addressed your complaint we will advise you on further steps you can take.